Studio Session 1 – 26.10.2023
Session 1 – Thursday 26th October 2023
Join me in my studio in beautiful Shropshire.
Working in sketchbooks we’ll explore your own choice of subject matter. I’ll show you practical and creative ways to gather inspiration and record information and ideas. We might use collage, drawing, stamping and stencilling, monoprint and painting. Taking a broad and varied approach you’ll be able to find something that suits your way of working.
Along the way I’ll help you refine your ideas, find personal direction and resolve concepts that will underpin your work. It sounds fancy, but really its just about taking time to understand what draws you to a subject, how to tackle it with honesty and depth and then produce work that is of great quality and that says what you want it to say.
You might be working towards a quilt, stitched textile, mixed media panel, paper and stitch, collage, drawing or painting. I have experience with all of those and will be able to guide you with translating the work in your sketchbook into these formats. Maybe all of the students will be working towards a different outcome in the class, I think that’ll be fantastic! All of the ideas we’ll talk about: colour, composition, marks, surface, line etc, they all apply whatever you are making.
Think of this as a mentoring course. There are a number of sessions available and I will add more dates for 2024 as we go along. To get the most from this I think it’s best to come to several sessions so that we can get to know each other and work in depth with your ideas.
Class size: max 6 students
Important Information before you book
- Classes during the winter months will be weather permitting. If we have to reschedule you’ll be offered an alternative date or a refund.
- If you need to cancel please do so with as much notice as possible so I can resell your place. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the session will not be refunded.
- Parking right outside the studio. There is one step into the studio, level access once inside.
- Covid and other illnesses. You will be working in my studio with me and up to five other students. We’ll take all sensible precautions during the day. Hand washing facilities and sanitising gel will be readily available. Please don’t come if you are unwell. Let me know and we can reschedule your date.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks and snacks will be provided. You will need to bring a packed lunch. There is a fridge available to keep things cool.
- A basic materials list will be provided once you book. Some materials and use of equipment is included. As you work on your own body of work the materials you will need with vary from student to student. I think you’ll likely be able to use what you already have.
If you have any questions before you book please get in touch. I’m happy to chat by email.
Out of stock